The State of Hawai’i eviction moratorium ended on August 6, 2021. Landlords may send a 15-day notice to tenants starting:
If served with an eviction notice for non-payment of rent, tenants now have the opportunity to schedule for mediation within 15 calendar days of the notice according to Act 57. (The mediation does not have to occur within the 15-day scheduling period.) Read more about this law for landlords and tenants (or click here to read about Act 57 in various Asian-Pacific Islander languages).
Landlord-tenant mediation programs can help negotiate options such as:
Mediators are impartial and are present to help both the landlord and tenant(s) make their own decisions. Mediation is free for all parties involved.
The Legal Aid Society of Hawai’i released this brief introduction on 8/13/2021 for tenants facing eviction, featuring tips on how to prepare for an eviction mediation session. Topics included are:
1. Ku’ikahi Mediation Center – East Hawai’i County
2. West Hawai’i Mediation Center – West Hawai’i County
3. Maui Mediation Services – Maui County
4. Mediation Center of the Pacific – City & County of Honolulu
5. Kaua’i Economic Opportunity Mediation Program – Kaua’i County (email email@example.com or call 808-245-4077 ext. 29 or 237)
To quickly leave this website, click on the orange "exit" button on the top right and you will be redirected to another website. To browse this site safely, remember to regularly clear your browser history.