Primary domestic violence victim assistance organization for Kauaʻi County with services such as managing the domestic violence shelter, advocacy/case management, sex abuse treatment, domestic violence intervention, and LGBTQ+ support.
If you are looking for batterer intervention services and anger management, contact the YWCA of Kauaʻi’s Alternatives to Violence program at (808) 245-5959.
Non-profit legal assistance in the following areas of law: family, housing, immigration, consumer, and public benefits. Legal Aid does NOT assist in criminal and personal injury matters.
Immigration-specific division at the Legal Aid Society of Hawaiʻi that provides free legal services to eligible indigent immigrants living in Hawaiʻi. Services include assistance with VAWA self-petitions, battered spouse waivers, T and U non-immigrant visas, and documentation renewals and replacements for green cards and naturalization certificates.
- Intake Hotline (Oʻahu): (808) 536-4302
- Intake Hotline (Neighbor Islands): (800) 499-4302
Professional association of more than 8,000 lawyers and attorneys in Hawaiʻi. The HSBA provides legal referrals to the public.
Legal organization that partners with volunteer attorneys to provide free or low-cost services to those who qualify based on income and legal issue. Attorneys can assist with Chapter 7 bankruptcy, small claims, landlord-tenant disputes, estate planning, family law, veterans benefits and pensions, and re-employment. Intake hours are M-F, 8:00am-4:00pm.
- Online Pre-Screen Intake Form: You will need to provide your income information and be able to describe your legal issue.
- Oʻahu Intake: (808) 528-7046
- Hawaiʻi Island: (808) 313-8210
- Kauaʻi: (808) 698-8210
- Maui: (808) 727-8210
Non-profit organization dedicated to providing free or low-cost legal services for immigrants in Hawaiʻi. Services include legal counsel, U.S. citizenship and COFA identification assistance, and public outreach through citizenship fairs and “Know Your Rights” workshops.
- Immigration Legal Line: (808) 777-7071
PACT affiliate for Kauaʻi County with trafficking victim assistance, behavioral health support, and managing the family visitation center for supervised visitations.
Free 24/7 mental health & substance use call center for adolescents and adults.
- 24/7 Hotline: (808) 832-3100
- Toll-Free: (800) 753-6879
Voluntary program of men and women who are recovering addicts of drug abuse and meet regularly to help each other stay clean.
- East Big Island Helpline: (833) 624-7463 (also known as 833-NAIS4ME)
- Also accepts text messages
- West Big Island Helpline: (808) 769-6016
- Maui County Helpline: (808) 214-1239
- O’ahu Helpline: (808) 734-4357
- Kaua’i County Helpline: (808) 828-1674